The Addiction: Revlon Lip Butters

March 14, 2015

Revlon Lip Butter

If you've read any of my color focuses, or pretty much any post where I talk about lip products, you'll know I'm kind of obsessed with the Revlon Lip ButtersIt's become a bit of a problem, because any time I go to Ulta or a drugstore I feel the need to buy one. But, and it pains me to say this, Revlon seems to have limited the shades that they're selling now, so I fear that they will soon discontinue these. I'll admit I'm a little crestfallen, because I had my eye on some of the shades that I can now no longer buy. But, so be it.

Revlon Lip Butter

Anyways, some of the colors I have may no longer be available, but if you can get your hands on them, do it. I wear these almost every day.

The shades I have are as follows:

Revlon Lip Butter

Strawberry Shortcake, a light, bubblegum pink. I actually don't like wearing this on my lips, but on the cheeks it's awesome. I dab a little bit on the apples and blend it towards the sides of my face. Sometimes I like to top it with a bright pink powder blush, but that's only if I want extra oomph.

Berry Smoothie, a slightly berry/pink 'my lips but better' shade. It pretty much works through all seasons and with every makeup look. It fits with a smokey eye all the way down to a no-makeup-makeup day. I absolutely adore wearing this with bronze-y eye shadow and lots of mascara.

Pink Truffle, that Kylie Jenner-esque brown/pink nude. I used this a while ago to show my version of her look, you can check that out here. This is another one that looks great with anything, such as a bold eye or a minimal face. My favorite way to wear it is with a bronze/gold smokey eye.

Peach Parfait, a sparkly nude/pink. This is the one shade that disappoints me a little. It has the same exact quality as the rest of them, but it has very visible flecks of glitter in it, and that's really just not my thing. The shade itself is perfect, it almost reminds me of the beloved Chanel Boy, but the glitter just gets in the way and makes it look a little cheap, in my opinion. I like to save the shimmer for my eyes.

Juicy Papaya, a peachy/pink/coral shade that also works as a 'my lips but better' one. I especially love wearing it in the spring and summer, so I'm definitely going to pull it out soon. This pairs amazingly with the Tarte Blissful blush and a nice golden highlight on the tops of the cheekbones.

Tutti Frutti, a bright orange. This is also so amazing in the spring and summer because it's different than your usual bright pink or coral. I definitely have to have a bit more confidence when I wear it, but when I do I love the effect. I like using this with gold or bronze eye shadow.

Wild Watermelon, the perfect mix between red and pink. This shade is another beautiful one for the spring and summer, and I find pink shades that lean towards the red side of the spectrum just look so much better on me. When I wear this I think it looks cool to match my blush color to it, sometimes I'll even pull a Strawberry Shortcake and use it on my cheeks as well.

Red Velvet, a deep wine/red. This is such an amazing shade for the fall and winter, I'm going to miss wearing it soon! It was one of the first shades that helped me feel confident enough to wear deep reds and wines. I really love using this with some super defined liquid liner and strong brows.

Candy Apple, a classic red shade. I prefer to use this sheered out because I'm not a fan of glossy reds, but when it's applied in a thin layer it looks stunning, almost like a stain or a natural flush. To me this looks awesome when paired with a smokey under-eye smudge.

Aside from all the beautiful shades, there are a ton of other reasons why I love the Revlon Lip Butters. They have such amazing pigmentation, and they apply the same on the lips as they do when swatched on the skin. Even with the great color payoff, you can wear these sheered down, like I mentioned above. That's one of my favorite things about these, because it creates so much versatility. It's like having two products in one! In addition to that these are so moisturizing, which makes applying them incredibly easy. This leads me to my last point, which is the longevity. I won't sugarcoat it -- they wear off fairly quickly. But, I find that because they're hydrating and apply so easily, it's not a chore to reapply them every couple hours.

Have you tried the Revlon lip butters?

5 comments

  1. I love the Revlon lip butters, my favourites are candy apple and sweet tart! :)
    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely collection.. I haven't tried any of these but from the swatches they look good. Tutti Frutti and Red Velvet stood out to me most x
    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely collection and shades! I love the first one on the left!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen these before but they look lovely! It's a shame they don't last very long though

    Jessie | Taylor mayed

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand why you are addicted to them as they look amazing !!! :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne