March Favorites

March 29, 2015

Hourglass Blush

I can't believe March is already over! It's been a tough month, but there's still been a handful of things that have been on my radar.

The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette (review here). I love a nice flush all year round, but especially for spring. These blushes are so beautiful in the pan and on the cheeks, mainly because they're marbled, so they have a highlight shade swirled around within the blush. When I apply any of these I'm amazed at how pigmented they are and how glowy they appear on my cheeks. Plus, best of all, they last all day. Unfortunately, this palette is no longer available all together, but you can still purchase the shades individually here.

Lorac Pro Palette

The Lorac Eye Shadow in Black (from the Lorac Pro Palette 2). I never used to be one to do my brows because they're pretty dark and I'm pretty lazy. However, for the past few months I've been using this shadow to fill in a few gaps and make the shape a little better, and I'm loving it. It probably sounds crazy that I use a black shadow, but my brows and hair are super dark so it works perfectly. My routine is to dab some eye primer on my brows and then use a tiny brush with a minuscule amount of color on it. Sometimes I'll use a bit of translucent powder afterwards, but I'm thinking about trying out a brow setting gel when I get the chance.

Simple Cleansing Water

The Simple Cleansing Micellar Water (review here). This stuff is incredible! I've been using it for a couple months now to remove my face makeup/cleanse my face at night and it's shown some serious results. It's simple (like the brand name suggests), cheap, easy, and works. It's been helping to smooth out the texture of my skin, which is something I've always had trouble with. Its one problem is that it does nothing to remove waterproof eye makeup, but I think that's something I can live with.

Healthy Breakfast

3 Healthy Breakfast Ideas. I've finally nailed down some of my favorite breakfast recipes that are quick and easy, but also healthy and delicious. One of them is simple -- granola with milk, one is flexible -- yogurt with any toppings and the other is my favorite -- avocado toast. Now I guess it's time to figure out some healthy lunches!

Lastly, I got my hair cut! I mentioned it in my Spring Bucketlist, but here's how it looks straight. It probably still seems long to some people, but this is the shortest I've had it in a looooong time and it was a pretty big step for me. Thankfully I'm incredibly happy with how it turned out and love how healthy it feels.


What have you been loving in March?

4 comments

  1. lovely
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/03/born-pretty-jewelries.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow those favourites are amazing!! I want that Hourglass palette so so so much! Great post xx

    thelilymint.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blush palette looks so amazing, such gorgeous shades!!

    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hourglass palette looks absolutely stunning!

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne