February Favorites

March 4, 2015


The end of February really snuck up on me! The entire month flew by and I'm hoping now that it's March, we'll start to see some warmer weather here in the frozen tundra of Chicago. But anyways, on to what I've been loving.

A real winner for me this month has been the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. I have this in the waterproof formula in the shade 'very black'. It has a plastic brush applicator and the bristles form a curve/fan out on the brush. I found that for me, this mascara works really well in building up volume and length. The problem with this, and with most other waterproof mascaras, is that it's nearly impossible to remove. I usually have to use a strong, oil-based makeup remover, but sometimes I still have residue left in the morning. But, this is something that I'm okay dealing with because it means that the mascara won't flake and will hold a curl the whole day. However, I do think mascara is something pretty personal, so what works for me may not work for you.

I've also been into the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeliner in Deep Blue. I tried this in the black shade a while back and I'm a big fan of it, but I was a little bit obsessed with the L'oreal Silkissime Liners for a while (I still love those, btw), so I wasn't really trying anything else. But when I came across this shade, I just had to have it. It's such a gorgeous & sexy deep navy color, which is an amazingly different substitute for black. The liner is so pigmented and creamy, but once it's on it pretty much stays put for as long as you need it to. My favorite way to wear this is smudged on the lower lashline with a little bit of the 'navy' color from my Lorac Pro Palette 2



Another thing that's been great this month is the First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy. This stuff is half eye cream-half concealer, and it's awesome. It has a peachy/pink shade to it, so it really helps to cancel out the blue tones in my dark circles, plus it's hydrating. The best part is that it has a metal tip (you can see me in the reflection...) which feels really cooling when you use it to rub the product in. This really helps to reduce puffiness, and I love it for early mornings when I have to wake up for school. It's also great for days when you don't really want to wear a lot of makeup, but you don't want to look dead, if you know what I mean.

I'm actually going to throw one unfavorite into the mix, which is the Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil. I bought this to use as a night cleanser/makeup remover type thing, and I used it for a couple weeks, but I found that it was just making my skin extra oily and not really helping to improve with acne, texture, dark spots, etc. The way I used it was to massage it into my dry face for about a minute and then massage it in further with water, then rinse it off. It did help to fully remove all my makeup, and as of right now I'm using it as an eye makeup remover, but I definitely would not repurchase it again. Also, the pump leaks like crazy, which is why I don't have a picture of it. So yeah. If you have drier skin, this is probably more up your street.

This month, like any other month, I've been obsessed with my weird socks. You can check out how I style them here, but here's a sneak peak:



I'm so proud of myself this month because I watched a handful of classic movies that are on my list! I loved Citizen Kane, Gone With the Wind, Singin' in the Rain, The Maltese Falcon, and Bonnie & Clyde, just to name a few. These are all great ones to add to your list if you want to really educate yourself on film throughout the years.

This month's music choices have been Bleachers' debut album, Strange Desire, In The Lonely Hour, Sam Smith's first album, and Of Monsters and Men's album, My Head Is an Animal.

What are some of your favorites from this month?

5 comments

  1. I really want to visit Chicago someday, but GOD does it look freezing. My little California lips will fall off! I really want to try that mascara, everyone seems to love it!

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are so cute- absolutely desperate to try that liner, heard so many amazing things xx

    thelilymint.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The First Aid Beauty Eye Remedy looks really good! I might have to give this a go, I'm still a First Aid Beauty virgin.

    Lovely blog!


    theprettybeatniks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color of that eyeliner!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the liner and your cute outfit :)

    maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne