3 Healthy Breakfast Ideas

March 18, 2015

Healthy Breakfast

It's a common saying that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it's a little cheesy, but it's true. A healthy meal in the morning is the perfect way to kickstart a productive day. Breakfast is actually my favorite, mostly because I love having pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, etc. But obviously life doesn't allow us to have a leisurely meal every morning, so there are three breakfasts that I alternate for early weekday mornings when I'm running late for school (which is every day). There's a 1 minute, 5 minute, or 10 minute option, and all three are filling, nutritious, and prepare me for the day ahead.



Healthy Breakfast

The 1 Minute: Granola + Milk

Granola Breakfast

This is so incredibly simple and it may not even seem worth it that I'm talking about it, but it's a great alternative to some of the processed, sugary cereals that taste so damn good. Now I do love a good bowl of Froot Loops or Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch, but I try to only have those once in a while because of the hidden sugar. For this I used the Back To Nature Apple Cinnamon Granola Clusters, which I found at Whole Foods. This is an all-natural granola that's high in protein and fiber, plus it's delicious. You can also add some sliced fruit, like bananas or strawberries.

The 5 Minute: Yogurt + Toppings

Yogurt Breakfast

Yogurt, especially Greek yogurt, has amazing benefits, and I love the fact that it's high in protein. I used the Oikos Coconut Vanilla Greek Yogurt, which isn't the healthiest of Greek yogurts, but it's still better than some. The best part about this breakfast is that you can change it up and have it in so many different ways. I love coconut, so I use that flavor a lot, but you can use any kind of yogurt and pair it with any toppings. Here I used shredded coconut, goji berries, bananas, chia seeds, and peanut butter granola (Kind Peanut Butter Whole Grain Clusters). You can use raspberries, chocolate chips, flax seeds, cinnamon -- the possibilities are endless.

The 10 Minute: Avocado + Toast

Avocado Breakfast

The last option is my favorite, because I think avocados are so tasty. Usually this doesn't even take me 10 minutes, and after doing it a lot I've gotten even faster at the preparation. I like to use rye bread, but anything works. While I'm toasting the bread I take half an avocado (I like to put the other half in a sealed plastic bag in the fridge, and I keep the pit in) and mash it up in a bowl. This works best when the avocados are ripe or slightly overripe. I then spread the mixture on the two pieces of bread and season it to my liking with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. And that's it!

What's your favorite breakfast?

13 comments

  1. Yum avocado toast is so tasty. I love making an egg white omelette if I have time :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really great and tasty, I see a lot of people like Avocado on toast, I will have to try it!

    Meme xx

    New post out now:
    'Bomb Cosmetics Haul'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm I just ate lunch but that avocado toast is making me hungry again! Beautiful photos btw :)

    Samantha Series

    ReplyDelete
  4. that avocado + toast though. haha embarrassingly I have never tried it before :P

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So healthy and yummy! Love your pictures😄

    Www.skinfrostings.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Avocado toast is my healthy but quick option, too, but if I have the spare time, nothing beats oatmeal, freshly cooked, with sliced apples and agave sirup.

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  7. So healthy and yummy! Love your pictures😄

    Www.skinfrostings.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooooo yummy! Everything looks lovely :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photography is so pretty! These breakfast ideas look lovely!

    thelilymint.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely post ! and loving your pictures!

    I am following you now :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love granola so much, I alternate every morning granola + yogurt with porridge :)

    I'm running a GHD eclipse giveaway, if you're interested, check this link:
    little taste of heaven

    ReplyDelete
  12. The granola and yogurt and avocado toasts are my favourite breakfasts, but I've also really liked baked oats recently. I only use the egg white, so i'm convincing myself it's healthy. It probably isn't! Haha!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay that avocado on toast looks really good, but I definitely wouldn't be able to past that granola. Granola is one of my favourite breakfast foods because there's just so many ways you can eat it.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne