The Color Focus: Watermelon Pink

February 19, 2015


I have a whole lot of pink lipsticks, so I tried to find the best way to divide them and discovered that this bright strawberry/watermelon pink was a popular color in my stash. Typically I enjoy wearing this shade in the summer with a nice tan, so I can't wait to pull these out once the snow lets up...


Mac Lipstick in Crosswires

Mac has a pretty big reputation with their lipsticks, and I definitely think it's justified. This is a cremesheen, so it's hydrating and creamy (duh), and it has a velvety finish with a little bit of shine. It's not matte, sparkly, or super glossy. This glides onto the lips without tugging or dragging and once it's on it sticks around for a while without drying out the lips. This is the first Mac lipstick I bought myself, so it's pretty special to me because of that, but I also love the shade. It's pretty unique and looks amazing paired with a golden/shimmery eye.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink Velvet

I'm a big fan of the Revlon lipsticks when it comes to drugstore; I think they have great pigmentation and a nice color selection. This has a similar finish to the Mac shade because it's not matte, but it doesn't have a ton of shine or shimmer. It doesn't last quite as long, but applying it is just as nice as Mac's because it doesn't drag or pull. The one drawback I've found is that this can be slightly drying when worn for an extended period of time. But the shade is gorgeous and looks perfect with a shimmery highlight on the cheeks.

NYX Butter Lipstick in Fizzies

This is another very similar shade to the previous two, however it's a tad more glossy. I definitely think these are hydrating and they have great pigmentation, but the lasting power just doesn't do it for me. I'm okay with reapplying every few hours, but for me this wore off much quicker than that, and I couldn't really deal with having to check every half an hour to see if it was still there. If I were you and I wanted to try something from NYX, I'd go for the butter glosses or the blushes. Both of those are great.

Revlon Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon

Of course I have one of these in here. They're perfect and I've talked about them way too much. While I prefer wearing some of the other shades more sheered out, I like wearing this one full out because I just think it's such a gorgeous color. And like I've said before, it's hydrating, easy to apply, pigmented, and all that jazz.

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Gloss in Strawberry

This is unlike the rest of the shades because it has visible specks of silver shimmer in it. I don't really mind it in this because they're not chunky, but it's not something that I reach for everyday. For me, I occasionally like wearing this on top of one of the shades listed above for a bit of added color and shine. It doesn't last very long, which is pretty much expected with glosses, but it doesn't make my lips as dry as some others.


Essie Nail Polish in Watermelon

I don't have any blushes or anything else that's bright pink, but I do have this nail polish which, surprise surprise, I love for the summer. It's very interesting because it almost looks red from far away, but up close you can tell that's it pink. I find that Essie polishes do chip after a few days, but adding a top coat can really help the longevity.

Check out my nude, purple, red, and plum/wine/berry color focuses.
What's your favorite shade of pink to wear?

6 comments

  1. Love the watermelon pink theme! Now just to wait for some summer weather :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours! I really love the Essie nail polish!
    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Wild Watermelon!

    Meme xx

    New post out now:
    'The I Quit Sugar Hairy Dieters Recipe Books'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors but I am not sure I could wear them if it isn't spring or summer? I love your photos :}

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer to wear these in the spring and summer, but I totally think it's okay to wear something bright and fun during the fall or winter, even if it's not what everyone else is wearing :)

      Delete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne