The Color Focus: Blue Toned Pink

February 27, 2015


This is my next installation of my pink lipsticks, which are the ones that are slightly more blue-toned. My last grouping was more watermelon/red-toned pinks, and you can check that out here. While you're at it, you can check out my purple, wine/berry/plum, red, and nude color focuses as well.



YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in Opera Rose

Ah, YSL. Actually, I'm not sure if I can call it Yves Saint Laurent, since technically they dropped the 'Yves'. Well, anyways, this lipstick is stunning. It's probably the most luxurious of my collection. The packaging is beautiful, and it even feels heavy and substantial. The product itself is so smooth and pigmented, one swipe gives off so much color and moisture. When I apply this it glides over my lips so easily and swiftly. As for the shade, I have a little trouble wearing this. I have to be in the right mood to wear such a bright pink, but on the days that I wear it I love it.

Revlon Pearl Lipstick in Softsilver Rose

I wish I could say I liked this, because I love the quality of Revlon's lipsticks, but I just can't stand the shade. It has these huge chunks of glitter in it that I just think look horrible when worn on the lips. I think the color itself would be pretty if it were a matte or a cream finish, but I can't get past the glitter. As for the quality, like I said I love Revlon's lipsticks. They're fairly moisturizing and pigmented, have decent lasting power, and come in a ton of shades. I'd love to try different colors, but I'm definitely going to go for the creme, matte, or shine finishes over the pearl finish.

Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie

This is one of my favorite of the lip butters. I find the color to be so versatile, a quick swipe can give off a 'my lips but better' effect, or a few layers can be a beautiful berry-pink. I've spoken about the lip butters billions of times before, but the gist is that they're very hydrating, easy to apply, look gorgeous sheered out or very pigmented, and are overall just really amazingly perfect. Yep.

Revlon Matte Lip Balm in Elusive

As you can see, I'm a pretty big fan of Revlon. The matte lip balms are so great because although they're matte, they have a ton of moisture and never dry out my lips. Other than that they're so pigmented and smell good too, plus they don't fade weirdly. This shade is another that I can only wear when I'm in the right mood, but usually it's during the spring and summer.

Covergirl Jumbo Gloss Balm in Watermelon Twist

I really love the shade of this, and because it's glossy and sheer it's so easy to wear with a ton of different looks. The formula isn't my favorite, it's not horrible because it doesn't drag and the pigmentation is there, but I do feel like this dries out my lips a bit when I wear it. It doesn't last super long either, and I always feel like I have to put on lip balm before I reapply it. So although I like the shade, I'd rather go for something like the Revlon lip butters because they're hydrating.

L'oreal Liquid Lipstick in Dancing Rose

I don't think I gave this product enough credit when I first tried it because I didn't like the shade, which is a bit more purple/mauve-toned. The product itself is really cool, it's one of those liquid lipsticks that's basically a non-drying, pigmented, long lasting version of a lip gloss. This one is pretty thick, which took a while to get used to, but I enjoyed wearing it after I did. It didn't feel drying on me and it kept its glossy finish while I was wearing it, but I still don't really love the shade.

Maybelline Color Elixir in Captivating Carnation

This is another 'my lips but better' shade, but I always seem to forget about it in my collection. I always love wearing it, so I really need to remember it more! This is similar to the L'oreal liquid lipstick, but it's a little thinner/sheerer. I have found that this wears off pretty easily, but it's not hard to reapply and it never looks patchy or weird. It's definitely one of my favorite every day lip products (when I remember that I have it).

Have you tried any of these?

6 comments

  1. Really want to try the L'Oreal liquid lipsticks! Have heard they are a dupe for the YSL glossy stains, which I love.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dear, you can now sell items of any kind with a very low percentage to any country of your choice at http://www.dressrug.com/ . first 500 people to register gets free adverts as top sellers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really nice, I love pinks.

    Meme xx
    Latest Post out now:
    'Not Another Book Haul//Amazon Haul'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices, i really want to try the YSL one.
    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could get covergirl in the UK, Watermelon Twist is such a pretty colour!xx

    thelilymint.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. All beautiful shades!! (: Definitely my favorite color to wear on my lips.

    Nati xx
    artdicted2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne