Skincare Shakeup: Moisturizer

February 22, 2015


Recently I've been trying loads of new skincare items, which is something I've never really done before. I used to use the most basic products on my face, but after a while I just felt like that wasn't enough, so I branched out. As for my skin type, I'm typically combo, but recently I've been feeling a little oily all over (that sounds disgusting, I apologize). In the winter my skin can feel really dry while still feeling oily. I don't know.
Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer

This is the moisturizer I used before I really tried "good" skincare. I used it for a long time, probably like a few years, and it always worked fairly well in the spring, summer, and fall, but when it came to winter it just didn't cut it. Although this was hydrating after I applied it, I never felt like it fully nourished my skin or left lasting moisture. I still think this is good for younger skin, mornings, and seasons excluding winter, especially because it has SPF, but as for me, I think I've graduated from it.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

This is a seriously thick and hydrating cream. I originally used this in the mornings and nights, but I found that it made my skin a little too oily and decided to use it solely at night. I'm still a little worried that this is too much for my skin, but I'll probably just stop using it when winter ends and I don't need as much moisture. For the most part it does feel really nourishing, and I wake up with my skin plump and hydrated. But the best part? This can be used anywhere, so I use it on my elbows, hands, etc. and it's a miracle worker.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

It took me a long time to decide if I liked this or not, but the verdict's in: I do. I used this in the mornings, but unfortunately this tiny travel size didn't last very long. The formula of it is different because it's a moisturizing gel, so it's better for combo/oily skin. It's very lightweight but feels incredibly hydrating when applied, plus I think it smells really nice. I think this is something that can be used throughout the entire year, and I'll probably buy the normal size of this once I finish what I'm using right now. If you have dry or normal skin, don't fear -- Clinique has a formula that's more suited to your type of skin as well.

Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer 

After I finished the Clinique one I wanted to try something a little cheaper, so I went for this. I really love that it has SPF in it, however I don't think this does a whole lot in the moisturizing and nourishing department. I realize it does say /light/ on it, but whenever I use this it just makes my face feel a little bit sticky and slightly stiff. Looking back, I probably should've gone for something like the Ultra-Light Gel Moisturizer or the Replenishing Rich Moisturizer, but oh well, maybe another time. I don't think this is so horrible that I can't even use it, but I definitely won't repurchase it.

What's your favorite face moisturizer?

1 comment

  1. I’m in love with your blog! It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos! I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)
    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne