Review: NYX 'The Curve' Liner

February 16, 2015


I'm a huge fan of felt-tip liquid eyeliner (I use it everyday), and I always love trying new ones. The Curve Liner from NYX is really interesting because of the shape, which is meant to help make the application easier. Prior to this all of the liners I had tried were in a standard pencil shape, so I was very intrigued by this. 
While I think this is a really creative idea, it was a little difficult to use the first few times. I was so used to doing liner with regular pencil shaped products that I had trouble adjusting to this. However, after I learned how best to hold this for my face and my hand, I think it's great. What I love most is that it's incredibly easy to grip and it doesn't feel like it's going to fall out of my hand.

This has a stiff felt tip, which is my personal favorite way to use liquid liner. I find that it's easiest to control where the line goes. In saying that, I've had some trouble creating thinner lines with this, but I suspect that I just need to practice a little more and I'll get the hang of how to hold it in order to have a thin line. 

I'm really happy with the pigmentation of this. I was worried it would be patchy, dry, or not as intense, but it definitely exceeded my expectations. The product comes out very black and opaque. And the most important thing: it lasts as long as I need it to, especially with a primer or cream shadow underneath. 

My one issue with this is that the cap never really seems to click or snap back into place. I'm slightly worried that because of that, the product's going to dry out quickly. I guess we'll just have to see...
Other than that I would completely recommend this if you're into liquid liner!

Would you try this?

7 comments

  1. This sounds so nice! Love your blog so much! New follower!

    XO, Erica

    www.mymistersmrs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. Definitely a new and unique idea.

    Can't wait to see the next post!

    Anna xox

    www.annazellermakeup.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve just found your blog and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    I like your posts and photos! Really amazing!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This liner looks great! I'm loving your blog. Followed on bloglovin' :)

    Alice x

    http://a-g-h.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. The design of this looks really odd! I don't know if I would go for this! x

    em // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne