January Favorites

February 5, 2015


I kind of hated everything this month. Is that bad?

But seriously, I didn't find anything that really revolutionized my makeup or wardrobe or anything. There were a few things I enjoyed, but nothing too life changing.
Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado (not pictured)

Okay, I guess this was pretty a big step for me. It's the first eye cream I've ever tried and it's safe to say I'm hooked. I used to be a skeptic because eye creams are incredibly expensive and I felt like they didn't really do anything, but boy was I wrong. I've been using this morning and night for the past few weeks and my under eye area has been a lot more hydrated, which has made applying concealer a lot easier. It never looks chalky or cakey, so it's less obvious that I'm trying to cover up the area. It hasn't really helped lighten my dark circles (they're genetic, there's not a whole lot I can do) but it helps them to be less puffy.

Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather in Creamy Beige

I tried the infamous 'Bad to the Bronze' a while ago and liked it a lot, but tended to forget about it for whatever reason. After reading about this shade it sounded perfect, so I picked it up along with Vintage Plum. I like using this as a base better than 'Bad to the Bronze' because it's matte, whereas the previous is shimmery. Eye shadows apply so nicely on top of it and it makes them last an incredible amount of time -- no primer needed.

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy

This is an old favorite that I dug out of my collection this month. It's a pretty cult product, and for good reason. The shade is so versatile and perfect, it's usually hard for me to find light pink/nudes that work with my skin tone, but this one is gorgeous. It's pretty sheer, but it's easy to build up to get some more color. I love how it's not drying and doesn't feel heavy. Only downside is that it's not super long lasting, but it's easy enough to apply that you don't even need a mirror. Plus, who wouldn't love whipping out a Chanel lipstick when you're in public, amiright? (See a swatch here)

L'oreal Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara in Blackest Black
This does a great job of lengthening the lashes, but there's not as much in the volume department. It holds a curl really nicely and doesn't flake throughout the day. Plus, it's not super hard to remove, but it's still waterproof. Yay! I do have to say that this dried out kinda quickly, so make sure the cap is screwed on as tight as possible. I'll probably pass on repurchasing it, solely because I enjoy trying new mascaras, but I'd definitely go back to it if I needed something that I knew was good.

Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer
This is one of my all time favorite products, if I don't use it I find that my makeup doesn't last as long or go on as smooth. It's such a simple and cheap product, but I really love it! I hadn't used it for months before this and after I got it I was so much happier with my makeup.

L'oreal True Match Foundation in N2/Classic Ivory

As of right now I'm really liking this foundation. It goes on smoothly, matches my skin tone well, lasts throughout the day without oxidizing terribly and creasing, and it covers what it should. It can definitely be built up to a medium-full coverage, but I prefer using just one or two coats of it and having a more natural finish. In saying this, I am very fickle with foundations and tend to go through phases with the ones I like. So I'm really enjoying using this now, but I wouldn't be surprised if I stopped liking it in a couple months' time. I don't know.

Miscellaneous

I've been listening to three albums recently:
George Ezra- Wanted on Voyage
Cage the Elephant- Thank You Happy Birthday (I featured a song of their's on my last Tune Tuesday)
Catfish and the Bottlemen- The Balcony (Also featured one of their songs on my third Tune Tuesday)

What have you been loving in January?

11 comments

  1. the primer was one of my fav this month too :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photo here! Im also a big fan of the Manga mascara, seem you love it or hate it! I'm with you on that one.

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great favourites! I almost never use a primer but the Rimmel one sounds great!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cassie! Great post and I love the new look of your blog so much!
    Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster award :)
    There are more details on my latest blog post if you want to check it out x
    Lana
    Lana-sultana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that Chanel lipstick is so good! I have it too and I love it!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just come across your blog

    It's lovely !!!!

    I am now following!!

    and I have shared your page

    would be amazing if you would check out my friend blog Jadiee'sLittleBlog and maybe comment or folllow her back

    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try the Maybelline colour tattoos, I still haven't picked one up! Great post :)

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've a massive fan of L'Oreal True match, it's awesome!

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. need to try that Color tattoo as I keep reading about it !
    nice post

    by the way you have a new follower ...me ! :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great product. Thank you! I followed you too :)

      Delete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne