How To: Have Fun on Valentine's Day If You're a Single Pringle

February 12, 2015


What's with me and coming up with the longest titles for things?

Also, I hate the phrase 'single pringle'. I just wanted to sound funny.
But yes, the dreaded day for those who do not have a significant other is coming up. However, I'm here to say that Valentine's Day doesn't necessarily need to be about a boyfriend or girlfriend. You can have just as much fun (or maybe even more fun?) with your friends. If you're like me and realized that your friends are all lazy and haven't planned anything, you might need some inspiration for things to do. Also, if you're disappointed that you don't have a special someone this year, I might have some words of encouragement for you.

If you want to stay in:

As a self professed introvert, I love staying in and having chill nights. All you need to do is gather some friends, some sappy movies, and lots of food.

There's a ton of routes you could go with the movies, but I like to pick the cheesiest, most rom-com of all for a night like this. Some of my favorites are The Fault in Our Stars (if you want to sob), Easy A (Emma Stone is flawless)10 Things I Hate About You (Heath Ledger...)Mean Girls (a classic), Crazy, Stupid, Love (Ryan Gosling...), Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging (I doubted this before I saw it, but it's adorable and very relatable)13 Going on 30 (always hilarious)John Tucker Must Die (another classic)27 Dresses (James Marsden...)She's The Man (Channing Tatum...)No Strings Attached/Friends With Benefits (they're both basically the same movie), A Cinderella Story (Chad Michael Murray...), and Sixteen Candles (the most classic of them all).

As for food, anything chocolate is always great because, well, it is Valentine's Day. It's a lot of fun to do an activity like making chocolate covered strawberries, having fondue, or simply eating heart shaped candy (but not conversation hearts. I hate those). Another idea is to do something fun like make heart shaped pizza, pancakes, cookies, cinnamon rolls...anything basically. If you're not into cheesy heart-themed things, try something else fun! I've always wanted to have a sundae bar with a few different ice cream flavors and endless toppings. Another thing I want to try is to make some of the hot chocolate recipes I found on Pinterest (check them out here). The best part is that you can eat as much as you want and you don't have to worry that your date will judge you (even though they're not worth your time if they judge you for that).

If you want to go out:

Although it might be hard to find things last minute, it's a great idea to get out and go to a restaurant, a movie, a play, anything. As for me, my friends and I finally decided to see a musical and go out to dinner. If it weren't so cold in the midwest I think it'd be fun to go to an outdoor mall or nearby town and walk around or shop, but unfortunately we're in the midst of a pretty bad winter. A more winter-appropriate idea is to get a group and go ice skating, if there's a rink near you. It's hilarious when people fall.

One thing that I love about holidays like Valentine's Day is that I can put extra effort into getting ready. I love looking great and getting dressed up because it makes me feel good, and it's not for anyone else. It's fun to wear a bright red or pink lipstick, or false eyelashes, or a dress that you know you look great in, and it's not to please anyone else. I'm planning on sporting one of the red lipsticks from my Red Color Focus, possibly the Maybelline Matte Lipstick.

Lastly, walk with confidence, because you are strong and independent, and you don't need a boyfriend or girlfriend.

Hopefully my silly and weird suggestions helped you if you're looking for something to do! If you already have something, what are you planning on doing? Have a happy Valentine's Day 

4 comments

  1. I might as well go out with my friends, my boyfriend doesn't believe in the whole thing and says it is pointless, but watching 50 shades on sunday so that should cheer me up, have a great valentines what ever you do!

    Meme xx

    Latest Post out now
    '100 Questions With Meme//Tag'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! I love reading things like this that just make everyone feel good :) I'm engaged and I'm staying home tonight on my own having a good old pamper haha! x

    Always, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - even though I had someone to spend Valentines with I don't think you need someone I have always had a great V-Day, I feel people make themselves feel sad about it if they don't have anyone! This is the perfect recipe for a successful night in! Mean Girls is always a winner in my book!

    www.luciaflorence.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, I love all the movies that you talked about :)

    Purple--flamingo.blogspot.com

    Fjóla

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne