The Color Focus: Wine/Berry/Plum

January 10, 2015

Nars Audacious Audrey Lipstick, Rimmel 107 Lipstick, Revlon Lip Butter, NYX Butter Gloss

Throughout the fall I wore a lot of wine and berry colors on my lips, so I wanted to do a color focus on some of the products that I tried (check out my previous two color focuses here and here). This is a smaller color focus because I'm still working up my confidence with bold lip colors, but I don't have any products here that I dislike, so that's a plus!

Nars Audacious Audrey Lipstick, Rimmel 107 Lipstick, Revlon Lip Butter, NYX

Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color in Plum Paradise

I'm a really big fan of Maybelline's lipsticks. They're incredibly pigmented and last a really long time, even through eating and drinking. Even through that they never feel drying, which is the main reason I love them. Although I love the quality, I usually don't wear this color on it's own because it's pretty out there. What I like to do is layer it with another color, usually a red, and it makes a gorgeous and unique shade.

NYX Butter Gloss in Devil's Food Cake

I have a few shades of these and I love them because they're not traditional sticky glosses. They do have a bit of tackiness to them, all glosses do, but these are really comfortable to wear. They're not the most long wearing, but they definitely last for a good few hours, which is more than some of my other glosses. As for this shade, I absolutely love it. It's not as purple-y as the previous one, and I feel like it suits me a little better. Another plus? These smell awesome.

Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet

Now this wouldn't be a post of mine if I didn't mention something about the Revlon lip butters! They're creamy, pigmented, hydrating, comfortable to wear, easy to apply, and are basically my all time favorite lip products. I love this shade because it's perfect for the days when I want a darker color on my lips but I don't want it to be too much. I just dab this on my lips and blend it a little with my finger, and it looks like a gorgeous stain.

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 107

Ah, the classic Rimmel 107. I think it's safe to say every beauty blogger has this and loves it. And for good reason! This is such a perfect wine shade and it seems to flatter a ton of different skin tones. The quality of this lipstick is great considering the price: it has a matte finish but it's not that drying and it's got great lasting power. Plus the pigmentation is awesome for a drugstore product. I also love the packaging. It's just cute, ya know?

Nars Audacious Lipstick in Audrey

I reviewed this back in October, and I'm pretty much still loving it. It's one of the most luxurious lipsticks, not because of the price (although it is pricey for a lipstick) but because of the feel of it. To start, the packaging is flawless. Aside from that the product is so pigmented and creamy and long lasting and non drying and everything anyone could possibly want from a lipstick. If you're looking for an expensive lipstick and you haven't tried these, do it. They're outstanding. The shade of this is stunning as well; it's almost the same as 107 but a tad darker.

What's your favorite wine or berry colored lipstick?

13 comments

  1. omg those Nars Audacious Lipsticks...I really want one but it seems there is such little product for the money. Tell me, is it worth it??? Love that color too. Oh SO torn.

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well..the way I justified buying it was that I had worked for the money & I hadn't splurged in a while. And I'm really, really glad that I ended up getting it. So yeah, I guess I'd say that it's worth it if you really like lipstick. If you're more of an eyeshadow or blush girl, than maybe not.

      Delete
  2. I love my Rimmel 107 but I just got a new Revlon gloss that's also very pretty. Lovely post :) xo
    Lana
    Lana-sultana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shade of the Nars one, I'm definitely going to check that out when I'm next near a Nars counter xx

    thelilymint.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this Revlon Lip Butter looks gorgeous! Maybe I should start off with this as I, just like you, don't feel confident enough to wear a full on dark lip :)

    alicefrombritainland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Audrey shade is just gorgeous, so lovely :)!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely blog post!!

    keep up the good work

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    would love to see you over on my blog

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lip butter in red velvet was my first lip butter purchase and I've been obsessed ever since! Lovely shades

    Holly xx
    www.hollysbeautybox.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all those shades, they're the perfect ones to suit me as I have dark hair. I will look into getting these!

    Meme xx
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/ (Hope to see you around on my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rimmel 107 looks very good! :)
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are all so lovely that I am not too sure which one I prefer most haha! :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been looking for some berry toned lipsticks for ages! Thank you for this post x

    www.kacytalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey dear, you can now sell items of any kind with a very low percentage to any country of your choice at http://www.dressrug.com/ . first 500 people to register gets free adverts as top sellers.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne