New Years Goals Revisited

January 31, 2015

So towards the beginning of January I made a few goals that I hoped to complete during the month. The idea was that they would transition into full on year goals, if that makes any sense. I explained it better in this post, if you want to see my original goals and read the explanations.

Now that January is basically over, I want to check back on how well I did at achieving those goals and talk about how I'm going to continue them in February.


Specific goal: have a major clear out at some point in January.
Long term effect: stop hoarding things I don't need.
Result: I will not be featured on "Hoarding: Buried Alive".
I'm really happy with this because I went through my makeup collection and got rid of a bunch of products that weren't a good color for me, were disgustingly old, or were just downright terrible products. After getting rid of everything I felt awesome! It seemed like I had so much more space and less clutter.

Specific goal: eat healthy and clean for 21 days consecutively.
Long term effect: create a habit of eating healthy.
Result: Nope, not even close.
I'm going to be honest, this didn't happen. I didn't even come close to being healthy. In fact, I became so disgusted with myself last week because I realized how much crap I had been eating, and also that I hadn't gone to the gym in a couple weeks. So much for that goal. But, it's all better now, because I'm currently on day 4 of eating healthy, plus I got back into going to the gym (it also doesn't hurt that there's a cute guy who works there. Oops). Disregarding that, I'm already so much happier with how I've been feeling, plus I've found some awesome recipes and ways to stay healthy that have been helping me.

Specific goal: read two classic novels and watch two classic movies in January.
Long term effect: start ticking off the classics on my list.
Result: So close but so far away. 
I half-assed this one a little bit because I did the easier part, which was watch two movies, but I only progressed a tiny bit on the book I'm reading. But I am happy with the two movies I watched, which were 'Rebel Without a Cause' and 'Casablanca'. Definitely two to put on your list if you're into films. Plus, James Dean was gorgeous. There's no denying that. For February I'm aiming to watch at least two more movies and at least finish the one book I'm reading.

What were your new years resolutions? Have you been keeping up with them?

5 comments

  1. Healthy eating was definitely a goal for my 2015- I haven't even nearly stuck to it aha xx

    thelilymint.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only new years resolution this year was to eat healthier and I'm doing quite well so far!
    Also, I've nominated you for the Liebster award, check out my latest blogpost for details :)
    The Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, I've just nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can check out my blog for the details :)

    oxox
    Lizzie
    beauteox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read East of Eden by John Steinbeck. I'll be so mad at myself if I don't read it in a few weeks' time. Which book are you reading now?

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I'm reading Tender is the Night by F Scott Fitzgerald! I think we're reading East of Eden in one of my classes this year :)

      Delete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne