2014 Favorites: Makeup

January 5, 2015

2014 favorite beauty products: Nars blush palette, tarte blush, revlon lip butters, stila liquid eyeliner

Wow...so 2014 is officially over. It's been a great year, and I couldn't be more proud of myself for sticking with this blog. I've made some great makeup discoveries and I can't wait to make some more in 2015.

Covergirl Outlast 3 in 1 Foundation 

I first tried this foundation back in May, and it really helped me to get back into feeling better about my skin. At the time, the foundations I had been using were looking patchy and not staying well, and I remember being really upset about it. Then I tried this and it was everything I needed - it was very long lasting, covered what I wanted it to, and didn't look patchy/didn't emphasize my dry areas. I continued to use this foundation for a good remainder of the year. Plus, it's got a pretty good price tag for the quality.

L'oreal Silkissime Eyeliners

I discovered these around September, and I haven't stopped using them since (full review here). There's a plethora of shades in the collection, and I have three. However I am looking to expand my collection in 2015 because I love them so much and they're pretty cheap. The best thing about these liners is that they last so incredibly well, even in the waterline/tightline. Other than that they have amazing color payoff and are so creamy and smooth, so they don't tug on your eyelid during application. By far the best pencil liners I've ever tried.

Revlon Lip Butters

I actually started trying these last year (I mean 2013..I guess I should stop referring to 2013 as last year), but I didn't start building up my collection until this year. Now...I have eight. EIGHT. In no way is that necessary. But, I honestly love and wear every shade that I have. They're so easy to wear because they're moisturizing and don't feel heavy. Because they're glossier you do have to reapply them more often, but I almost look at it as applying a lip balm because of the hydration. Lastly, these are versatile products because you can dab them on for a subtle amount of color, or you can layer them for more pigmentation.

Nars Blush

Last holiday season I treated myself to the Nars One Night Stand Palette, which housed 4 blushes, one highlighter, and the infamous bronzer in 'Laguna'. I have consistently gone back to this palette time after time throughout the year because the quality of each shade is so outstanding. They have just the right amount of pigmentation for a cheek product, and they last all day, which gets a thumbs up from me with my oily/combo skin. I actually hit pan on the bronzer in this palette, which is saying something, since bronzer has never really been a big part of my routine until now.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush

This was a purchase from around March, and I used it a ton (in rotation with the Nars blushes) throughout the spring and the summer. It has almost all the same qualities of the previous blush - the right amount of pigmentation and the staying power being the two most important again. I have the shade 'Blissful', but I'm also looking to pick up a few more shades this year.

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner

After trying this in 2013 I was finally able to master top eyeliner. I like using pen-like liners that have felt tips because I feel like I have a lot of control over where the line goes. The formula of this is great because it's super black and lasts for hours. It's quickly become a staple in my makeup collection and I don't feel complete without it!

Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette

I started using this in the summer and I posted a full review of it back then. In short, this palette has 9 gorgeous neutral shades - 4 matte and 5 shimmery - that look beautiful in any combination. They're some of the softest shadows I've ever tried, and they blend together seamlessly on the eyes. Once on, they last the whole day and look just as amazing as when they were applied. In my opinion this is completely worth the price, which isn't even that bad for a high-end palette. If you love neutral, smokey eyes, this is a must.

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer 

I also started using this in the summer, and I'm pretty amazed because this mini tube has lasted me until now, and there's still some left. I've always had a serious confidence issue when it comes to my dark circles, and I've always had trouble finding concealer that'll actually do the job. When I discovered this it was pretty life changing because it not only covered the circles, but it lasted all day and didn't crease. If you're like me and you have genetic dark circles, the kind that aren't treated by eye cream or lots of sleep, you have to try this.

What did you love in 2014?

10 comments

  1. good favorites, I got the Nars blush palette for this year and I love it! Also I love the photograph :}

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh that nars blush palette is amazing! & I think my next palette purchase will be that Too Faced one!

    xx angela | the sunday chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suffer from such dry and chapped lips, I'm always looking for new products to help with that - will have to pick up one of the Revlon lip butters!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh don't get us started on the Revlon Lip Butters! We absolutely love them and have way too many. They are so moisturising which is a must for us :) As for other products we fell in lovewith, the shiseido eyelash curler has to be up there.

    M + K

    ReplyDelete
  5. That NARS blush palete looks really nice. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Revlon lip butters are my favourite lip products of 2014 by far! I did a post on them last week! Great post xx

    thelilymint.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these, def want to try

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That nars palette sounds lovely :) xo

    http://shannenandco.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  9. the revlon lip butters are definitely one of my favourites i have 6! they're just so perfect to throw in a handbag for everyday use! i'm desperate to try the taste amazon clay blush - i keep reading such great things about it i might have to invest pretty soon!

    www.luciaflorence.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. still bummed I didn't pick up that NARS palette ages ago, great post x

    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne