The Winter Beauty Bucketlist

December 17, 2014


So, it looks like winter is upon us *insert crying face*. I take solace in the thought that while it's incredibly cold and snowy, I'll be bundled up in sweaters, beanies, and scarves. Yeah. So I posted an activities bucketlist for winter a few weeks ago, and I'll be posting a fashion bucketlist in a few weeks. Without further ado, here is the list of things I'll be wearing on my face for the next few months.

For the eyes:

I'm not a huge fan of a lot of glitter on the eyes, (well, I'm not really a fan of it anywhere, to be frank) but when the holidays roll around I do enjoy a bit of shimmer on my lids. Worn with a thick stripe of black liquid liner (may I recommend Stila's?) and lots of mascara, this can be a winning winter look.

Urban Decay Naked Palette in Sidecar and Half Baked

Ah, the classic Naked Palette. Whenever I pull this out, I'm reminded of why I loved it so much for a long time. The shadows are so smooth and pigmented, and each color applies true to how it looks in the palette. When I wear these shadows they last all day and when I apply them they blend together so seamlessly. Sidecar and Half Baked are two of the most shimmery in the palette, Sidecar being a taupe/beige and Half Baked being a gold.


These are a really similar quality to Urban Decay's: soft, pigmented, long lasting, blendable - the works. Honey Pot is almost an exact duplicate of Half Baked, except it's slightly less glittery. It looks amazing blended out on the lid. 

Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow in Champagne Quartz


This shadow is gorgeous. It's not quite as soft as the previous two, but it's still just as pigmented and still has great lasting power. The shade itself is very brightening and luminous, so it's great for an inner corner or brow bone highlight. It's got a bit of a pink undertone, but it's so slight that it's almost unnoticeable.

Mac Eyeshadow in All That Glitters

Now this is one of my all time favorite shadows. It's got amazing pigmentation and staying power, plus it blends so beautifully and seamlessly. I can always count on this shadow to bring light to my face and give it an illuminated look when I'm looking a little dull.

Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten

Lastly we have my (sadly) broken Kitten. This is typically my favorite highlighter to use on my cheekbones, especially in the spring and summer, but for winter I think it looks beautiful on the lids. Once again it has a brightening effect, so it could also be used for a brow/inner corner highlight. This powder is so soft and buildable, so it can be used lightly for a highlight and layered for eyeshadow.

Onto the lips:

Red lips are obviously a must for the holiday season, and I've recently found a few that I feel great and comfortable wearing.


Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple

This is the red for someone who's really not into full-on, bright, opaque color. The beauty of the lip butters is that they can be dabbed very subtly into the lips and can be a hint of color, or they can be worn as a more opaque, glossy color. I especially love wearing this in the first way because it gives that perfect touch of red that makes me feel like I'm Snow White or something...I don't even know, but I love it.

Revlon Matte Balm in Standout

This is the red for someone who wants something a little bit darker, but still wants red. The shade isn't quite a wine/berry tone, but it's not quite a classic red. I love these Matte Balms because they're amazingly easy to apply. They're also hydrating, which is a must for me when wearing matte colors. Even with this hydration they still have decent lasting power, although I wouldn't recommend leaving this at home, because you'll still need to touch it up.

Maybelline Matte Lipstick in Siren in Scarlet

This is from Maybelline's new line of matte lipsticks, and it's so incredible. I'm a huge fan of the regular lipsticks, and they really hit the nail on the head for these matte ones. They're basically as moisturizing as the originals, plus they last for hours and hours. The shade is also fairly true to what it looks like in the bullet, so that's very helpful. This is almost a true, classic red, but it's slightly more pink/raspberry.

L'oreal Lipstick in British Red

This is the classic, true red. It's not matte, which I actually don't like as much for a full on red lip, but I manage to wear this by blotting it down or topping it with some translucent powder. The nice thing about this lipstick is that it's very hydrating, considering that it has a glossy finish. You'll definitely need to take this one with you for touch-ups as well.

Revlon Lip Gloss in Fire

I believe this product is being discontinued, so some similar ones are the Revlon Moisture Stain in Shanghai Sizzle and the L'oreal Liquid Lipstick in Ruby Opera. But you get the idea, these are obviously glossier reds, but since they're stains/liquid lipsticks they stay on better and are more moisturizing.

Lastly, the one exception to the glitter rule:

I love breaking out this nail polish for the holidays, just because it's so festive! This is the OPI Polish in Bold, which is from their designer collection. It looks great on every nail or as just an accent.


What beauty look do you go for in the winter?

And a final note:
I hope you all have a very happy holiday filled with love, family, friends, and giving. I'll be going on a small blogging hiatus, but I'll be back in about a week and a half to two weeks. See you then!

2 comments

  1. I want the naked 2 palette so much! Mac All That Glitters looks so lovely too! Such a great post, I love how much detail you went in to!xx

    thelilymint.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the OPI nail polish, glitter nails are a must have for the christmas season! I'm also loving the Revlon Colorburst, don't leave the house without it at the moment and the best part about it is it was free with my Revlon Colorstay Foundation!
    Love the post,

    haveyouseensnowfall.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne