Luxury Love: Hourglass Ambient Blush Palette

December 12, 2014


In no way did I deserve to buy myself this palette. But it's beautiful and gorgeous and perfect and I don't regret it at all.

So yeah, the Hourglass Ambient Blush Palette. A lot of people loved the Ambient Lighting Powders, then Hourglass came out with the Ambient Lighting Blushes, which consisted of a blush color swirled with one of the lighting powders. Now they have two palettes, one with three lighting powders and one with three blushes, which obviously is the one I have.

The palette comes with three shades: Luminous Flush, Incandescent Electra, and Mood Exposure (left to right in palette, top to bottom in swatches). Incandescent Electra is a limited edition shade, so it's not in the original lineup of the blushes. However Mood Exposure and Luminous Flush are both in the permanent collection.


It's actually ridiculous how much I love all three of these colors. They all look so good with my skintone, and I suspect they'd flatter anyone. Each shade is different from the other, so it's not like you're getting three closely similar shades in one palette.

Each blush is so crazy soft and smooth, and a little goes a long way. I also find that these stay well on my cheeks, especially with a primer underneath. That's helpful because I have oilier skin and blush happens to melt off my face after a few hours.


And of course, the part that shouldn't be important but still is: the packaging. How. Gorgeous. Is. It. I always feel so fancy when I pull this out because it's so luxurious. But that's also the downside, because it's $58. So...overall I think it's worth it, but if you're not up for spending that much, NYX has some great blushes that are a similar quality for about $5. Just saying.

What are your favorite drugstore and luxury blushes?

3 comments

  1. These look so nice! After Christmas i'm going to be looking at the Benefit Rocketuer blush but at the moment i'm using one from Too Face :)
    Lana
    lana-sultana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that palette is just luxurious as hell. I want it but I don't use enough blush to justify that purchase.

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the palette is super pretty! definitely on a birthday wish though at that price! lovely post and all the best with your blog

    han x
    from http://emandhanxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne