Review: Lorac Pro Palette 2

November 9, 2014


So recently I had a bit of a bad day (wanna read an old post on how I cope with bad days? Here you go) and I had a sneaky impulse buy...I know, I shouldn't have, but I'm not even sorry considering how much I love this product. I went for the Lorac Pro Palette 2, and I cannot get over how phenomenal it is.


I'm sure you've heard about the Lorac Palettes, because pretty much everyone has raved about them. They each come with 16 shades, 8 matte and 8 shimmery. I find that every single color is something I would use, which makes this palette really versatile and different than the rest of the neutral palettes I have. It's also a good palette to travel with because it has so many useful shades and it's really thin, so it's easy to pack.

The shadows are so incredibly pigmented. You only need a little bit on your brush and that's enough - that's how great these are. The shades are all so soft, smooth, and buttery, which means they blend together seamlessly. 

Lastly, the most important thing: these last well throughout the day. More often than not my makeup kinda sorta melts away by the afternoon, but these shadows have held up. The longevity especially helps with setting eyeliner, particularly the shade 'black'.


The top row is made up of the matte shades: Buff, Lt. Brown, Cool Gray, Nectar, Plum, Navy, Charcoal, and Black (swatches from bottom to top).


The bottom row is all the shimmery shades: Snow, Beige, Rose, Mocha, Chrome, Silver, Jade, Cocoa (swatches again from bottom to top). I especially love these shades because they're not too out there with the shimmer. I recently went through a period where I almost hated all my eyeshadows because they felt heavy and sparkly (even though I was probably overreacting and just being weird and hormonal), but once I tried these shades I was able to wear eyeshadow again. 

My favorite ways to use this palette have been: 
  • Rose all over, blended out
  • Buff or Nectar on the lid with either Lt. Brown or Cool Gray in the crease
  • Navy or Plum on the lower lashline
  • Cocoa in the outer corner
I also briefly mentioned 'plum' in my last post, which was all about purple products in my makeup collection. Check it out here

Thanks for reading! Have you tried this palette? 

7 comments

  1. I have been lusting after this palette since it's release. The original Lorac Pro is my favorite palette ever! I've nearly hit pan on 6 shades. Do you think you'll be grabbing the original anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually think I might, considering how much I love this one!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, this palette is beautiful, i really want it! :) I've never tried any of the Lorac palettes but i've heard they are really good <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Lorac Pro palettes! They are definitely worth every penny!!

    XO, Erica

    www.mymistersmrs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of this palette, the shades look simply gorgeous, I wish it'll be available in the UK!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! You have a really cute blog. Maybe you want to do a collab? Contact me on my blog if your interested<3

    Augusta | http://augusta-mikkelsen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous palette, the shades are perfect! great review!

    http://arnellavanilla.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne