How To: Look Like Kylie Jenner

November 21, 2014


So I'm not typically someone who follows everything that celebrities are doing, but I couldn't help noticing that Kylie Jenner's lips have been insane lately. Now, I'm not the biggest fan of her (no hate or anything, it's just my personal opinion), but I really like the lip color she's been sporting. It's kind of a dark, carmel-y nude, and I found a few products that I think recreate it pretty well.
For my base I used a tiny bit of Benefit's Porefessional, then used a mix of Maybelline's Age Rewind Concealer and the It Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer for my dark circles, plus a little Revlon Color Stay Concealer on the sides of my nose and on my chin. To set that I used the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. On my cheeks I put a tiny bit of Hourglass Mood Exposure blush.

I primed my eyes with the Lorac Behind The Scenes Primer, then used the shade "Lt. Brown" from my Lorac Pro Palette 2 (full review here) and blended it into my crease. Next I used my Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner to draw a line pretty close to my lash line. Lastly I curled my lashes and added some Maybelline The Falsies Mascara.

Now for the lips, I have two options. For both I began using the Rimmel Lip Liner in East End Snob. The trick for Kylie's look is to overline your lips just slightly. You have to extend your cupid's bow and bottom lip by drawing outside your lips. I don't actually love this look and prefer to just use the lip colors without overlining, but for this tutorial I went all out. Next I found two lip colors that work: Rimmel's Kate Moss Lipstick in 08, which is matte, and Revlon's Lip Butter in Pink Truffle, which is a glossier version for those of you that aren't matte people.

Aaaaand insert awkward selfies of me trying to look like her (first 2 pictures are with Rimmel and second 2 are with Revlon)....





 Thanks for reading! What do you think of Kylie's look?

2 comments

  1. Wow, you totally perfected the Kylie look. You even have her smirk! The lip color is spot on.
    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the biggest fan of her generally either but this look is gorgeous and her lips are insane! The rimmel liner is one of my holy grail products as well!

    www.shakirajasminx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne