Daily Inspirations: Create Yourself

November 16, 2014


Recently one of my favorite youtubers, Troye Sivan, releasing an amazing video entitled 'Becoming You'. It centered around the idea of being yourself, exactly who you want to be, fueled by the quote "Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself".

This is something that I've always struggled with. I find it hard to call up the confidence to wear something different than I usually do or go out on a whim and try a new activity. For 3 years I was on my school's poms/dance team, but I decided that I wanted to do something different this year. My school has a fashion magazine, and even though I write this blog and it makes me incredibly happy, I was apprehensive about joining the magazine. You see, not a lot of people at my school know about my blog, and I'm thankful for that. It's something I can go to when I need to get away from the real world. By writing in the magazine, I would be stepping out of my comfort zone and letting the people from my school see a new part of me, one that I've always hidden for fear of being judged. But, considering one of the things I dream of doing is writing for a beauty or fashion magazine, I knew I needed to try writing for my school's version. 

So, I did it. I went to the meetings, I wrote an article, and it's being published soon. Although I'm still nervous on how my peers will receive it, I'm glad I did this. This is who I want to be, who I am. I shouldn't be afraid to show this side of me. 

So thank you Troye, for helping me. You've shown me that I can be who I want and do what I want, and I don't have to apologize for it or worry what other people think of it. If you haven't already, watch this video, please. Even if you're the most confident person, I still think it can help you. 
Thanks for reading! I know this was a little different than my usual posts, but I hope you still liked it. Being yourself and having confidence in that choice is really important to me. Check out my other daily inspirations here, here, here.

3 comments

  1. Yay! Hopefully everything will work out well with the magazine :) great job having the courage to pursue something you love. All the best!
    -Lana (Lana-sultana.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I hope everything goes well for you! Step out of your comfort zone and into the fear. It is exhilarating! High school will be over with before you know it, and those people's opinions will no longer matter. Trust me. In high school I hid from everyone in fear of being made fun of, and now 10 years later I look back and think of how I could have and should have acted differently, because I can only remember a handful of the people's names I went to h.s. with at this point. So don't hold back- step out and be proud!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo. Congrats on your soon-to-be-published article. Stepping out of your comfort zone is difficult, but imagine all the things you'd have missed out on if you didn't. Keep up the excellent work & attitude. :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne