September Favorites

October 4, 2014


Happy October! I can't believe how fast this year's going, and I'm sad to say goodbye to summer. However, I'm also pretty excited for fall because that means sweaters, boots, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. Looking back on September, here were some of my favorites...

L'oreal Silkissime Liners (full review here)


These are probably the best drugstore liners I've ever tried. They're smooth and creamy, but they last so long and look amazing all day. They work well both in the waterline/tightline and on the lid. They have incredible pigmentation and there's a ton of different shades to try. I don't have a single bad thing to say about these; they're definitely a new obsession of mine!

Nars Laguna Bronzer

I'm not usually a bronzer person, but as my summer tan was fading I felt the need to add a little warmth back into my skin. This bronzer is a classic, and for good reason. It's the perfect shade- not too orange, not too shimmery, and it blends perfectly into the skin. It's a really foolproof product, perfect for beginners or bronzer dummies like me.

I like using this mostly on the outer edges of my face. I start by brushing it along my hairline and on the edges of my forehead, then bring it down to my temples. After that I roughly brush it through the hollows of my cheeks- I don't like to have too strong of a contoured look, but a little definition is nice. Then finally I bring it under my jaw and finish up by brushing a little down my nose.

Band tshirts + Flannels

Although I always love this and it's part of my every day style, I've been loving it even more during September. I showed an outfit like this in my Back to School: Fashion Essentials that's not only great for school, but for the rest of fall as well.


This month I've been listening to Bob Dylan's New Morning, plus a lot of Ed Sheeran's X to prep for seeing him live, which was unbelievable. He's one of the best performers I've ever seen, and his concerts are always amazing experiences. If you get a chance to go to one of his concerts, don't miss it! Other than that I've been enjoying "bad_news", which is Bastille's new song, "Daylight", which is a new 5sos song, and "Fireproof", a new One Direction song.

An amazing quote that I found this month is:
"There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen."
-Rumi

Thanks for reading! What were some of your September Favorites?

2 comments

  1. I love the look of that bronzer! Great post :) x

    lana-sultana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just come across your blog and its really good i love the colours of the eyeliners

    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne