October Favorites

October 30, 2014


Happy (early) Halloween! I hope everyone's had a great October and is looking forward to an even better November. For this monthly favorites I have a few dark lipstick and fall fashion loves, plus a few extras, like the usual list of songs.

My first love of October was the Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet.


As I've probably said about a million times before, I'm in love with these lip butters. They're hydrating, comfortable to wear, come in a ton of gorgeous shades, and look good with everything. Plus you can wear them really full-on, or you can dab them into your lips for a sheered-out look. This shade is especially gorgeous for fall: it's a perfect dark red-wine color, and I absolutely cannot get enough of it. 

My other makeup obsession was another lipstick, the Nars Audacious Lipstick in Audrey, to be more specific.



reviewed this more in-depth and spoke about it in my Fall Makeup Edit (along with the Revlon Lip Butter), but in short it's pretty flawless. It's got incredible pigmentation, it lasts for hours and hours on end - no exaggeration, it's comfortable to wear and not drying, and the color is phenomenal.

As for fashion, everything I showed in my Fall Fashion Edit still applies. What I've been loving most out of all the things I showed has been boots, socks, and tights, especially with skater skirts.

Boots- DSW

Tights- H&M

Skirt- Forever 21
Throughout the course of the month I listened to a lot of Bastille songs, because I saw them in concert about a week ago. They were so amazing live, and I had such a good time. My favorites are "Flaws" and "Poet". I also listened to Bob Dylan's Planet Waves, and my favorites are "On a Night Like This" and "Forever Young". Lastly I started listening to Vance Joy's album, Dream Your Life Away. I especially love "Mess is Mine" and "Red Eye". 

Finally, I have a favorite book from this month. It's technically a novella, but anyways, it's The Body by Stephen King. It's a great coming of age story about 4 boys who go on a search for a dead body. If you haven't read it, I really recommend it! I couldn't put it down and I ended up reading it in about a week.

Thanks for reading! What did you love throughout October?

4 comments

  1. I love those lipsticks! I've been reading The Maze Runner series by James Dashner and I'm really enjoying that... It's the end of Spring where I am so i've been drinking loads of smoothies as well :) x

    - lana

    ReplyDelete
  2. These lipstick colours are great! Love your boots too.
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bastille and Bob Dylan are my faves! So jealous you got to go and see them. Great faves :) xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne