Lips, Tips, & Cheeks: The Fall Edit

October 25, 2014


Recently I talked about my fall fashion essentials, which you can find here. Now I'm going to show my fall makeup essentials, which are some dark lipsticks (I briefly mentioned in my fall bucketlist how I wanted to start wearing darker lips), berry cheeks, and darker nails. Enjoy!

Lips:

Bottom to top: Revlon, Rimmel, Nars, Maybelline, L'oreal + Maybelline
Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet

This is my go-to, easy, daytime color. You can wear it full-on, but I prefer to wear it a little sheerer by dabbing it on my lips. It's incredibly easy to reapply on the go and super hydrating.

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 107

This is great for a night out because it's bold and gorgeous. It's matte, but not drying, and I think it looks incredible with pale skin.

Nars Audacious Lipstick in Audrey

This is basically the more expensive and less matte version of the previous one, and I reviewed it recently. It's so luxurious and beautiful; I cannot get enough! It's another great one for a nighttime look.

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Plum Paradise

This is a great color on its own- it's a little out there for me with the purple undertones, but it looks really cool. However, I especially love wearing this with a little bit of the L'oreal Color Riche Lipstick in British Red on top. Layering products is such a cool way to make your own unique shade.

Cheeks:



L to R: Revlon, Nars
Revlon Powder Blush in Wine Not

I love, love, love this shade. I will admit, the lasting power of this blush isn't the best, but the color makes up for it. Just make sure to use a primer and/or a setting spray.

Nars Blush in Goulue (came in the 'One Night Stand' palette during last year's holiday season, but Nars does a few similar shades, one being Dolce Vita)

This blush is pretty much a high end version of the previous, but a little less strong. I just love this berry-toned pink for fall!

Tips: 

L to R: Essie, Orly, Ulta, Petites
Essie Nail Polish in Naughty Nautical

This is a gorgeous teal shade with tiny specks of silver glitter in it that looks great in any season, but I love it for fall.

Orly Nail Polish in Charged Up

This one's great deeper purple that I love wearing in the colder months.

Ulta Nail Polish (unfortunately this is no longer sold, but I found similar colors here, here, and here)

This wine-type shade is gorgeous to wear during the fall on your nails as well as your lips! It's my absolute favorite fall color.

Petites Nail Polish (again, this is no longer sold, similar here, here, and here)

This is an amazing shimmery-bronze-wine-rose-gold color. (I literally don't know how to describe it, it's that unique). This type of color also looks incredible on your nails for the fall.

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite fall beauty trend?

3 comments

  1. I definitely like looking a bit more "done up" during autumn (as opposed to the carefree summer look). I'm really into my Charlotte Tilbury matte lipstick in the shade Walk of Shame. It's red and classic and I think classic looks are great for the holidays!

    -Aisling
    http://aisybee.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE, GREAT POST, LOVE RIMMEL :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want the Rimmel Kate lipstick in 107! Such a stunning cool toned shade. I'm in love with those berry-hued lippies at the moment!

    Do you wanna follow each other? Let me know on my blog! xo

    FASHIONISTA LOOKS
    MY LATEST POST
    Facebook
    Instagram
    bloglovin
    Twitter
    Youtube

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne