Fall 2014 Bucketlist

October 8, 2014


Towards the beginning of the summer I posted this, which was my Summer Bucketlist. Now as the leaves are beginning to change and I can finally feel fall approaching, I give you my Fall Bucketlist...

  1. Wear darker lip colors. I'm usually pretty timid about lipstick, but this year I've been going out of my comfort zone a bit. Over the summer I tried to wear some brights, and for fall I'm going for something like the Nars Audacious Lipstick in Audrey
  2. Read 5 new books. One of my favorite things to do when it starts getting colder is to curl up with a good book. My goal is to read at least 5 by the time winter comes around, and I'm starting with A Farewell To Arms, which is a Hemingway classic. 
  3. Drink hot chocolate. The best companion to a good book is of course, a hot drink. I love peppermint hot chocolate, and this year I want to try some different combinations, like s'mores or peanut butter hot chocolate. 
  4. Jump in a pile of leaves. This is pretty cliche for fall, and I'm pretty sure it's not actually that fun, but I don't care. I want to do it. 
  5. Burn a ton of candles. Fall candles are usually so amazing, and I love the cozy feeling that burning a candle can have on a room. Right now Bath and Body Works' Trick or Treat, Tailgate, and Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin sound pretty good. 
  6. Carve pumpkins. Around Halloween time, my friends and I are all going to go to our local farm and pick our own pumpkins to carve. I've never done it myself, and I'm so excited. I used to carve pumpkins with my family, but now that my siblings are off at college I'll be starting my own new tradition! 
  7. Use a new body wash. I think I've been using the same scent for the entire year, so it's probably time to try something new. The scent I have is pretty springy/summery, so I'm looking for something a little warmer for fall. 
  8. Wear the hell out of my flannels. I love, love, love flannels, as I've mentioned about one billion times before, and they're so perfect for fall. They look good with almost any outfit. I especially love wearing them with scarves and boots during fall. 
  9. Watch cheesy Halloween movies. Hocus pocus anyone? How about old Disney movies like Halloweentown? I love watching those every year around this time. 
  10. Wear dark nail polish. I love having dark colors on my nails, and fall and winter are the best times to do that. One of my favorite colors is Essie's After School Boy Blazer
  11. Bake for Halloween and Thanksgiving. The best cookies ever are these Pillsbury ones (pumpkins and cats are pretty cute too). Plus there's always pumpkin pie & pumpkin bread, which are some of the best fall foods. 
Lastly, I have a favorite quote for fall:
"Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall".
-F Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Thanks for reading! What's on your fall bucketlist?

5 comments

  1. Lovely post! I really love getting into layering with tights, boots and patterned socks, and I've also recently just come out of my comfort zone with lipstick... i'm loving Rimmel Lasting finish lipstick in the shade 107 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me wish I was going into Fall too!! We're in Spring here in Australia! I love this post. Berry lips, carving pumpkins & jumping into a pile of leaves are a must haha xx

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should totally wear dark lipstick! I know it seems a little daunting, but you can always start off with a sheer lip color and work your way darker.

    xx Alyson
    The Beauty Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, wearing dark lip colour, craving a pumpkin and digging up my scarves - these are my highlights. :)

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne