Towards the beginning of the summer I posted this, which was my Summer Bucketlist. Now as the leaves are beginning to change and I can finally feel fall approaching, I give you my Fall Bucketlist...
- Wear darker lip colors. I'm usually pretty timid about lipstick, but this year I've been going out of my comfort zone a bit. Over the summer I tried to wear some brights, and for fall I'm going for something like the Nars Audacious Lipstick in Audrey.
- Read 5 new books. One of my favorite things to do when it starts getting colder is to curl up with a good book. My goal is to read at least 5 by the time winter comes around, and I'm starting with A Farewell To Arms, which is a Hemingway classic.
- Drink hot chocolate. The best companion to a good book is of course, a hot drink. I love peppermint hot chocolate, and this year I want to try some different combinations, like s'mores or peanut butter hot chocolate.
- Jump in a pile of leaves. This is pretty cliche for fall, and I'm pretty sure it's not actually that fun, but I don't care. I want to do it.
- Burn a ton of candles. Fall candles are usually so amazing, and I love the cozy feeling that burning a candle can have on a room. Right now Bath and Body Works' Trick or Treat, Tailgate, and Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin sound pretty good.
- Carve pumpkins. Around Halloween time, my friends and I are all going to go to our local farm and pick our own pumpkins to carve. I've never done it myself, and I'm so excited. I used to carve pumpkins with my family, but now that my siblings are off at college I'll be starting my own new tradition!
- Use a new body wash. I think I've been using the same scent for the entire year, so it's probably time to try something new. The scent I have is pretty springy/summery, so I'm looking for something a little warmer for fall.
- Wear the hell out of my flannels. I love, love, love flannels, as I've mentioned about one billion times before, and they're so perfect for fall. They look good with almost any outfit. I especially love wearing them with scarves and boots during fall.
- Watch cheesy Halloween movies. Hocus pocus anyone? How about old Disney movies like Halloweentown? I love watching those every year around this time.
- Wear dark nail polish. I love having dark colors on my nails, and fall and winter are the best times to do that. One of my favorite colors is Essie's After School Boy Blazer.
- Bake for Halloween and Thanksgiving. The best cookies ever are these Pillsbury ones (pumpkins and cats are pretty cute too). Plus there's always pumpkin pie & pumpkin bread, which are some of the best fall foods.
Lastly, I have a favorite quote for fall:
"Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall".
-F Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
Thanks for reading! What's on your fall bucketlist?