The Color Focus: Nude

September 13, 2014


Recently I redid my makeup storage, and during the process I organized some of my makeup by color. It occurred to me that it would be cool to showcase each color collection and talk about what I like and don't like about each product. I do have one disclaimer with all of my nude lip products: I hate the color of most of them. It's pretty hard for me to find nude lipsticks that don't wash me out, so I have quite a few fails. Nevertheless, starting with lip products, here are all my nude colored products...

Bottom to top: Topshop, Too Faced, Revlon, Chanel, L'oreal, Maybelline

Topshop Lipstick in Saint

I love the formula of this lipstick. It's not drying and comfortable to wear, it has good lasting power, and it has great pigmentation. Unfortunately, the color doesn't suit me very well. It almost has a concealer-like effect when I put it on, because it's so close to my skin tone. For Topshop lipsticks, I'd recommend going for something a little brighter or darker. 


I got this as a freebie when I bought the Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette, and I was really excited to try it until I put it on and I once again looked like I was wearing concealer on my lips. It's too bad, because the formula was comfortable, hydrating, and pigmented. I may or may not try this in a different shade...


This is one of my absolute favorite lip glosses because the color is really nice and the formula is great too. The shade of this is unlike the first two lipsticks, because it's nude but it doesn't make me look dead/look like I have concealer on my lips. In addition, it's not too sticky or drying, which is something I hate about some glosses. 


This is my one of my favorite products out of all of my makeup. It's so beautiful and luxurious, and it looks good with anything. The formula is hydrating and comfortable to wear, and it's so easy to reapply- you don't even need a mirror. The color is perfect as well; it's almost indescribable because it's so pretty.  


Again, the formula of this product is great: it's hydrating, long lasting, and comfortable to wear. I have other L'oreal lipsticks that I love, but this color just doesn't do it for me. It looks gorgeous when swatched, but when worn on the lips it just looks a bit too frosted. I think I'll stick to non-sparkly lipsticks. 

Maybelline Color Elixir in Petal Plush  

Last of the lips is another product that has a great formula, but the color doesn't suit me. When I tried wearing it, it looked almost white on my lips. I love the other shades of the Color Elixirs, but this one was too light & milky looking. Besides this, the formula of these are really cool because they look like a gloss but wear like a lipstick and feel like a balm. (Review here

Next up is a nail polish...





OPI Nail Polish in Samoan Sand

I looooove this nail polish. To me, it's incredibly classy and polished to wear a nude nail polish, and I find that this one suits my skin tone really well. It also doesn't chip too easily, which is something I love about OPI polishes.

Lastly, a few eye shadows...

L to R: Naked, Buck, Nudie, Cashmere Bunny


The two "nude" shades in this palette are Naked and Buck. They're both blendable, pigmented, and last for hours. I love wearing Naked on my lid with Buck in the crease. 

Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette (review linked above) 

Nudie and Cashmere Bunny are the two "nudes" of this palette, and I love Nudie on the lid with Cashmere Bunny in the crease. These are also incredible shadows: pigmented, blend easily, long lasting, etc. 


Thanks for reading! What's your favorite nude product? 

4 comments

  1. Love the look of the lipsticks, they all look absolutely beautiful!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked seeing the lip product swatches - I'm always on the lookout for a 'my lips but better' lipstick and so I'll have to check some of these out in real life. Great idea for a post by the way!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shade of the loreal lip gloss. Need that in my life!
    Nilla Forever

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love MAC Shanghai Spice! Its my favorite neutral / nude :)
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne