Back to School: Fashion Essentials

September 7, 2014


Getting dressed up for school is one of my favorite things, even if I hate actually going. I put together a few outfits that show some pieces that I think are great to have for school. Some are more comfortable, and some are a little dressed up. You can also check out my beauty essentials for back to school here
Outfit #1





A pair of fun jeans are great to have because it looks like you tried a lot harder than you actually did. I love pairing these with a comfy sweater or shirt in a bright color.

Sweater- American Eagle, similar here, here, here
Jeans- Express, similar here, here, here
Shoes- Keds

Outfit #2




Adding a denim vest on top of a sweatshirt is a way to be comfortable, yet still look cool and put together. It's a great piece to have because you can wear it in almost every season and it looks good with dresses, skirts, tshirts, sweatshirts...basically everything.

Sweatshirt- American Eagle
Vest- Target
Leggings, Old
Shoes- New Look

Outfit #3






Band tshirts are my absolute favorite thing to wear, because they're always a conversation starter. Since the Beatles are my favorite band, this one is pretty fitting for me. I do have to say, however, that people who wear shirts like this just because they think it looks cool tend to get on my nerves. I suggest wearing a shirt of something you actually like, whether it's a movie, tv show, singer, anything. You can find some pretty cool shirts at stores like Forever 21, and they have enough where you could find a shirt with something you actually like on it. Anyways, a flannel is another great piece to have because you can wear it if it's cold in one classroom, and then take it off and wrap it around your waist if it's hot in another.

Tshirt- Old, similar here, here, here
Flannel- H&M, similar here, here, here
Jeans- Guess
Shoes- Converse
Beanie- American Eagle
Sunglasses- Old, similar here, here, here

Outfit #4





Last but not least is my more dressed up outfit. A casual skirt is great to have in case you're ever in the mood to look nicer. Adding combat boots and a cardigan dresses it down and makes it more appropriate for school.

Skirt- Urban Outfitters, also shown here
Shirt- Brandy Melville
Sweater- Old American Eagle, new version
Shoes- Aldo, similar here, here, here

Thanks for reading! Which of these is your favorite?

5 comments

  1. I like the range in your looks. You have some 90s elements, some simple & feminine pieces, & some basics. I like looks #2 & #3. The denim vest rocks. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool outfits! I remember I had to wear a god awful uniform for high school, was so jealous of people who could wear their own clothes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute look!!! So pretty! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post,dear! :))
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne