Review: Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette + Favorite Shadow Combinations

August 3, 2014


As promised in my July favorites, here is a complete review of the Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette and a few of my favorite looks using it.


The shadows are arranged into 3 sections: Day, Classic, and Fashion. For the sake of the swatches, I'm going to go through each one. Beginning with the 'Day' section...

Top to bottom: Sexpresso, Cashmere Bunny, Heaven
 Next we have the 'Classic' section...

Top to bottom: Erotica, Push-up, Silk Teddy
Finally we have the 'Fashion' section...

Top to bottom: Chocolate Martini, Honey Pot, Nudie
As you can see, all of these shades are a beautiful mix of matte, satin, and shimmery neutral colors. Because of the diversity of the palette, you can create a very natural look all the way to a smokey, sultry look. Each color is extremely flattering, and I haven't found one that I don't like. The most important part is that the shadows themselves are pigmented, blend really well, and have great lasting power.

Now for my favorite looks...

Although it's suggested to wear the shadows in each pre-made section together, I like to look at it a bit differently. I organized the palette into my own sections:

There are the base colors, the crease colors, and the highlighter colors. I like using Nudie, Push-up, Honey Pot, and Silk Teddy (this shade will work better in the Winter, when I'm not as tan) as my base colors, which I sometimes wear on their own as a simple wash of color. The next step is to add a crease color, which could be Cashmere Bunny, Sexspresso, Erotica, Chocolate Martini, and Push-up (I've used this shade on both the lid and crease). You could leave it at that, or you could take it one step further and use another crease color in the outer-v area of your eye. The final step would be to add a highlighter to the tear ducts or the browbone, and I've been using Heaven or Silk Teddy (while I'm tan, it works best in this way) for this. I think that any combination of these shadows would look amazing together, but some of my favorites are:

Nudie (lid) + Cashmere Bunny (crease) + Erotica (outer-v) + Heaven (highlight)

Push-up (lid) + Sexspresso (crease) + Silk Teddy (highlight)

Honey Pot (lid) + Chocolate Martini (crease) + Heaven (highlight)

Nudie (lid) + Push-up & Erotica (crease)

Another few notes: I think Silk Teddy would look gorgeous as a highlighter on the tops of the cheekbones, if you want something more shimmery, and you want to use the palette in a more versatile way. I also think any of the darker crease shades could be used along the lashline as a liner, but I don't really like doing that when I wear shadow.

All in all, this palette is amazing. I'm so happy I bought it & it's quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Thanks for reading! Would you buy this palette?

6 comments

  1. Such an amazing palette!! I've wanted it for so long after seeing it featured in youtube videos. The shades really are beautiful for a night time or day time look! Where did you buy it from by the way? :) Xxx

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really need to get this palette! all of the two faced ones look so good

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win some Raybans of your choice + a beauty goodie bag worth nearly £300 on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks absolutely gorgeous - I love the look of all the colours and it's definitely something I would buy and use for my everyday make-up! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post.
    I would love to keep in touch whether we follow each others blogs or on pintrest.
    Hope to hear from you!
    www.themegnolia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Followed you on gfc! Good luck on your blog, it looks great :)

      Delete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne