Daily Inspirations: Old Town, Chicago

August 27, 2014


A few days ago I spent the day with my mom in an area of Chicago called Old Town, which has a ton of great restaurants, boutiques, thrift stores, etc. It's such a fun place to be in, and I had an amazing time walking around, people watching, and going in the stores. One of my favorite stores was called Judy Maxwell General Store, which had a collection of eclectic things such as cards, jewelry, mugs...I could go on and on. I found the most adorably hilarious pair of socks that I just had to share.

There were a few other options, but these were my favorites because they're half inspirational-half funny. I think these could be a good reminder to truly seize the day and make the best of everything, but they'll also serve as a reason to smile or giggle. They've definitely done the job of inspiring me to really live for the day these past few days, and hopefully they'll continue to inspire me.

I wore this coral skirt from Urban Outfitters with a plain white tshirt that I tied in a knot at the waist. I added my Target sandals (similar here, here, here) and tried something a little different with my hair, which was milkmaid braids. I actually think they looked pretty good, especially with my purple hair!



A while back in April I posted my first "daily inspiration" which you can read here.

Thanks for reading! What inspired you today?

1 comment

  1. I love the skirt!

    I am following you on gfc, would you like to follow me back so we can stay in touch?

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne