Back To School: Beauty Essentials

August 23, 2014


I don't want to accept it...but my summer break is officially over. Even though I'm excited for my last year of high school, I'm still dreading the thought of sitting in class and having a ton of homework to do. The only way I can actually motivate myself to go to school is by picking out cute outfits and by doing my makeup. My go-to school look is usually flawless skin & emphasized eyes, so most of the products I'm going to talk about revolve around that. Also, if you check back in a couple of weeks I'll have a post up about my favorite clothes/outfits for school!

In order to make my makeup last all day I start with a primer, my favorite right now is the Benefit Porefessional, and then I use a long lasting foundation, right now being Covergirl's Stay Fabulous (reviewed here). Next I have to make it look like I've gotten enough sleep, so I use concealer to hide my bags, and then to cover up pimples or redness. As of now I'm still obsessed with the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye with the Garnier Eye Roller (discussed here) on top for dark circles, and the Almay Clear Complexion for redness. Another favorite is the Maybelline Fit Me, which is great for all over the face. I usually use my fingers to blend everything in, because I find it's quicker than a brush. Finally, in order to extend the longevity and take away shine, I use a translucent powder. My all time favorite is the Rimmel Stay Matte, which I love because it doesn't look cakey. 

I always have to add some blush in order to make my face look a little more alive, and my favorite blushes to use are from Nars, specifically the shades Deep Throat and Orgasm.

Next is my favorite step, which is the eyes. To me, the most important things to use are eyeliner and mascara, so I like to have a few different options for these. Stila's Stay All Day Liner is my favorite liquid liner, and for pencil I love the Urban Decay 24/7 Liner, the L'Oreal Silkissime Liner, and the Jane Waterproof Liner (discussed here). I typically use blacks and browns, but if I'm feeling more daring I go for a brighter color, and I love the Almay Liner (reviewed here) in Purple Amethyst. My staple mascara right now is the Maybelline Pumped Up because it's volumizing and lengthening, plus it's waterproof so it doesn't flake or smudge. As for shadow, neutral palettes are great to have because you can do a 2 second natural look, or if you have more time you can do something a little more smokey. My favorite palette as of now is the Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette (reviewed here), but the Urban Decay Naked Palettes (1, 2, 3) are always great choices too.

L to R: Urban Decay Perversion, Urban Decay Demolition, Jane, Almay, L'Oreal, Stila
For lips I like to wear tinted lip balm-esque products, because they hydrate your lips while giving them some color, and they're really easy to reapply. Since I feel like bright, bold lip colors are reserved for people who have a ton of confidence, I think sheer/light washes of color are better for me. I have an obsession with the Revlon Lip Butters, especially Juicy Papaya and Berry Smoothie, and I also love the Covergirl Jumbo Glossbalm in Watermelon Twist and the Clinique Chubby Stick in Woppin' Watermelon. I like to have a few different color choices to go with how I'm feeling that day.

Bottom to top: Berry Smoothie, Covergirl, Juicy Papaya, Clinique
Finally I spray the Urban Decay De Slick in order to make my makeup last throughout the whole day.

Thanks for reading! What's your favorite makeup to wear to school? 

4 comments

  1. I really want to try the revlon lip butters, plus look at the cute packaging :-)
    I miss school.
    www.bitofeverythingblog.co.uk // ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would die for that NARS palette!
    I would love to stay in touch with you, so if you want to follow each other on google (GFC) and bloglovin, please let me know! x
    Beataba.blogspot.com ❃

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post sweetheart!
    Keep in touch xx :)
    Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne