June Favorites

July 1, 2014

 

It looks like June is over, which is unbelievable. It went by so fast! Nevertheless here are the things I've been loving...
My first favorite is the Benefit That Gal Highlighter. I have a mini version that came in a set with some other Benefit minis, but it's essentially the same product as the big version.


This is a pinky highlighter that I like putting on all the usual highlight spots- browbones, tearduct areas, down the bridge of the nose, and the cupids bow. The last place I like putting this is the areas next to my nose, sort of on the apples of my cheeks. Usually I put a little translucent powder over to make sure it's not too shiny, but I like how this gives a natural looking glow.

The next thing I've been using is the Nars blush in Deep Throat.

It's a gorgeous peachy-pink that looks perfect in the summer for a natural type of flush. (Can you tell I'm all about natural, glowy skin for the summer?)


The Nars blushes are amazing as always, pigmented & long lasting. I have this in a blush palette that came out around the holidays, but this color can be purchased separately.

Another thing I've loved is the Almay Intense i-Color Liner in Purple Amethyst.


I reviewed it more in depth here, but basically this liner is great for having a pop of color without being too out there.

My fashion favorite has been this purse from DSW.

It's the perfect size and shape, and the color goes with literally everything. I can fit all of the essentials in it, and I really love the "satchel" type look. (And here's a semi-awkward shot of me using it from the day I made my DIY Headbands)


My music favorites for June have been blink-182's Enema of the State, in particular Anthem and The Party Song, and more recently Ed Sheeran's x, in particular Runaway, Thinking Out Loud, and Take It Back. 

Two books I read this month that I would really recommend are We Were Liars by E. Lockhart and Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.

Finally, my favorite quote has been: "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."
-Thoreau

Thanks for reading, what were some of your favorites this month?

6 comments

  1. I use That Gal as a face primer and it works so well! I've never heard of using it as a highlighter! Nars blushes are amazing!

    The Sunday Chapter
    Angela xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blusher is such a gorgeous shade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post!
    you have an amazing blog.
    Would you mind checking out mine?
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blush palette looks stunning.

    http://makeupmonster77.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Post :) The NARS palette looks like a must have!

    xx Gloria

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne