July Favorites

July 29, 2014


Okay...where has the summer gone? I can't believe I have less than a month before school starts. Well, as always, I've loved a few different things this month. I have considerably less makeup favorites because my summer job is as a camp counselor and I haven't been wearing a lot of makeup. However, I have a few more lifestyle favorites, so keep reading if you're into that...

My first favorite is the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Anti Aging Concealer + the Garnier Skin Renew Anti Dark Circle Eye Roller.

I have horrible dark circles. Because of them, I am on a perpetual search for the best concealer. As of now, layering the Garnier concealer over the It Cosmetics concealer has been working really well. The Bye Bye Under Eye is definitely going to be repurchased when I run out of the mini, because it covers my dark circles like no concealer's done before. It's thick, but it still blends into my skin easily. It's not drying, it doesn't crease, and it lasts most of the day. I will say, it's not exactly waterproof like the description suggests, but that's not usually something I look for in a concealer, so I'm not too bummed about that. As for the Garnier concealer, this does a nice job of bringing light to the area, much like that of the Touche Eclat. It's thin & liquidy, and has a cooling roller ball applicator that helps de-puff your under eyes. I'm thinking these may come in handy when school rolls around and I need to look like I've gotten 10 hours of sleep when I've really gotten 5...

My next favorite is the Too Faced Natural Eye Shadow Palette, which has had a lot of buzz surrounding it lately. It has 9 gorgeous neutral shades, both shimmery & matte, and they're all an amazing quality. 


I actually think this palette is so good that it deserves a post of its own, so if you check back in with my blog in about a week, I'm going to have a full post dedicated to it, complete with swatches & my favorite shadow combinations. 

This month's fashion favorite is anything from my summer fashion edit, especially the high waisted shorts. I really love wearing them with these crop tops and my new Converse high tops. Another thing I've loved wearing is this skirt with any floral printed crop top. It's a gorgeous color for summer and it looks amazing with a tan! Last fashion favorite is kinda weird, but it's this shirt, which I actually got in the men's section at Target. Sounds weird, but it's super soft and comfy, and I'm a huge Star Wars nut so I love it. 

I've really been loving Jeff Buckley's version of the song Hallelujah, and I've also been loving listening to Pandora, in particular the Singer-Songwriters station, the Third Eye Blind station, and the 1975 station. 

For something a little different, I have a few movie recommendations. First are two classics, American Graffiti and Some Like It Hot. The first is a simple coming of age movie that really reflects the 60's, which I love. The latter is, honestly, worth watching solely because Marilyn Monroe is in it. Other than that it's a hilarious story about two men who dress up as women to escape the mafia. My other recommendations are any of the Marvel superhero movies. I've been watching a ton of superhero movies this summer, and my favorites of the Marvel franchise have been Captain America & Thor.  

Lastly, my quote of the month has been "We travel for romance, we travel for architecture, and we travel to be lost". -Ray Bradbury 

Thanks for reading! What did you love this month?

5 comments

  1. I've heard really good things about that two-faced palette! Hopefully I will get my hands on it soon x
    Katherine Rosie | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award, you have such a cool blog!!

    http://thelilymint.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne