DIY Headbands

June 17, 2014


This summer I wanted to do some DIY projects, like I said in my bucketlist. So here's a simple way to make your own headbands...

Step 1: Gather Materials

You'll need scissors, a hot glue gun, wax paper, elastic trim, and the material you want to use for the headband.

I used two different materials, one (the pink and white flowers) was already a little stretchy, and the other (the purple flowers) was not stretchy. The tutorial will differ a little for each, and I will explain what I did differently in each step.

Step 2: Cut Elastic & Material
Measure a piece of the elastic trim to fit around your head. Then measure the headband material to the same length as the elastic. If the material is like the pink flowers, I recommend using an elastic that matches the color of your hair, because it will show through. 



Step 3: Glue Material to Elastic
Now you'll use the hot glue gun to attach the elastic to the headband material. For each I left a bit of the end of the elastic without any material on it, which will make sense in the next step. I did everything on top of the wax paper so the hot glue wouldn't get on the table.


Step 4: Attach Ends to Each Other
Now you'll use the hot glue gun again, this time to attach the two ends of the elastic to each other. Here's where the tutorial differs a bit: for the pink flowers, you can attach the two ends that have the headband material on them together (see below picture), however for the purple flowers you need to leave the bit of elastic blank, so the headband can still be stretchy (see below picture).



Step 5: Enjoy!
I think this is a really easy & fun thing to do, and it looks great! I wore the pink flowers recently and I love how it looked.




Thanks for reading! I hope this inspired you to do some fun DIY projects this summer.

1 comment

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne