Versatile Products: Lipstick

May 9, 2014


One of my favorite things to do is find new ways to use products, and one of my favorite products to do this with is lipstick. Sometimes I like to use it like a cream blush on my cheeks.
First I choose the color that I want, here I'm using the Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti. I draw a few lines around the apples of my cheeks. Be careful not to go overboard here, because sometimes it can come out a little too heavy or bright. So start out with a little, and then build it up if you want more color.


Once I've got my war paint on (you'll probably look a little crazy), I use my fingers to blend the color out all the way. After this I might take a brush like the Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush or the Real Techniques Buffing Brush and do a little extra blending if there's any harsh lines or I feel like I've added too much color.


My favorite colors to do this with are (from left to right):

L'oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Mauved
Origins Flower Fusion Lipstick in Snapdragon
Topshop Lipstick in Innocent
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipcolor in Softsilver Rose
Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake
L'oreal Color Riche Lipstick in British Red (I know it seems weird to put red on the cheeks, but trust me, it looks good!)
Mac Lipstick in Crosswires
Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti



Thanks for reading, hope you got some new ideas from this!

8 comments

  1. loved this post, beautiful colours! my fave out of all of them would be revlon's tutti frutti! :) i've started following your blog, i'd love it if you would follow mine back? :)

    bethanieparis.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the idea of using lip products as a blush. Thanks for the tip.

    yunanalysis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty colors :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do this all the time! just to keep things sanitary I swipe the lipstick on the back of my hand a few times and go in with a brush :)

    Allison from http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shades, I definitely need to try lipstick as blush x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you blended your blush. It look so cute on you. Great Blog!
    I'm definitely following you, hope you follow me too:)

    www.beautycatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never thought of doing this before.
    It looks very natural.
    I'll be trying this tommorow, thanks for the tip
    | | Dreams Of New York | |

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne