Doubling Up Primers

May 21, 2014


Recently I've found that as it's gotten hotter where I live, my makeup hasn't been lasting as long. Yes, I raved about the Benefit Porefessional Primer in my April Favorites, and I still believe that it's an amazing primer for covering pores and imperfections. However, I think my makeup needs something a little more to help it to last all day in the summer. I decided to try layering two different primers, and I've been loving the results.
Firstly I use the Porefessional Primer to cover imperfections. I take a tiny amount, smaller than a pea, and apply this to my cheeks, nose, and forehead.
Then on top of that I use the Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer in order to make my makeup last all day. I take a dime sized amount and use this all over my face.

I think these two primers work amazingly together to create a flawless finish that lasts all day.

Thank you for reading! What are some of your tips for long lasting makeup?

6 comments

  1. I bought the Maybelline primer which is supposedly a dupe for the porefessionals one but I would like to try it to see the difference :)
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried the Maybelline one too, and I found that it didn't work quite as well as the Benefit one, but it still did a pretty good job :)

      Delete
  2. I've literally never thought of layering primers! Must give this a go! I'll try anything to give my makeup a longer staying power!

    XO, G from grace'd

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore porefessional! I also use Rimmel's Stay Matte powder in the shade peach glow, which also helps to set my make up and make it last a little longer! :) ~ Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heard so many good things about Benefit's primer! Maybe will try! I've been using Laura Mercier Radiance Primer ATM so maybe when that runs out :)

    Lets keep in touch and follow each other on bloglovin! I always follow back!

    Love from Canada,
    Marie from www.ElleCharie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post on both products!
    Lovely blog

    http://breakfastatvogue111.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne