Bad Days

February 17, 2014


Being quite a hormonal teenager, I tend to have a lot of bad days. I decided to come up with a list of my favorite things to do to feel better on a day when I'm feeling down.

  1. Listen to music. Find a new favorite band with Pandora or listen to an old favorite. It'll get your mind off of whatever's bothering you. At the moment I'm listening to the Arctic Monkeys' Suck It and See.
  2. Take a shower. Let the hot water and steam clear your mind of all your problems. I'd suggest even doing a full pamper night to really feel your best. 
  3. Read a book. Escape your own life by focusing on someone else's. My favorite books right now are John Green's The Fault in Our Stars (who's excited for the movie?!) and F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby.  
  4. Organize/clean your room. Okay, I know this is a weird one. But it really does help. A clear mind starts from a clean work space. Once all the clutter's gone, you can focus on the positive things.
  5. Work out. Throw yourself into running a mile or doing 100 sit ups. You'll automatically feel healthier and much better about yourself.  
  6. Watch YouTube videos. Whether they're cute, funny, beauty-related, whatever-- YouTube videos will put a smile on your face and help get your mind off things. Some of my favorite YouTubers are Connor Franta, Troye Sivan, Tyler Oakley, missglamorazzi, and essiebutton
  7. Watch your favorite movie. Again, immerse yourself into someone else's story to get your mind off your own. I'd recommend a nice Disney classic like Cinderella or The Lion King. 
  8. Rant. Write about your terrible day in a journal, vent to a friend about everything that's gone wrong, etc. Getting the feelings off your chest is a guaranteed way to feel better. 
  9. Make yourself some hot chocolate, tea, etc. Top it off with some whipped cream or grab a few cookies. Light a candle. Settle down with either 1, 3, 6, or 7. Enjoy. 
  10. Go to sleep. Put on some cute pajamas and fuzzy socks, get all cozy in bed, and realize that the most awful day is over. Breathe a sigh of relief.  
  11. Remember that tomorrow will always be better. Today may feel like everything's falling apart, but tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start.

7 comments

  1. lovely post :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cassie! I love your blog and wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Liebster award! (: I hope you have a great day!

    http://theblushingbeauty.com/2014/02/21/the-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello sweetie, thank you for following my blog. I wanted to follow you as well but everytime I try it says that an error has ocurred. Please let me know when this is fixed, I will try again tomorrow anayway ;)

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to fix the problem, I'll let you know when it's working!

      Delete
    2. Okay, I think it may be working now. Let me know if there's another problem!

      Delete
  4. I love this post it's so helpful! I do pretty much all of the above apart from exercising. Walking where I live makes me feel cold and even worse haha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love watching funny youtube videos when i'm in a bad mood. always does the trick ;)
    -angel of invisiblestilettos.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne