2013 Favorites: Beauty

January 2, 2014

It's been quite a year, and I've loved a lot of things. Starting off with beauty products...

One of my favorite products this year has been the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in transparent.

This is a really great powder because it takes away the shine but it doesn't make your skin look cakey, and you don't have to worry about having the wrong color because it's transparent. It helps make everything last longer, and is overall my favorite powder.

My next favorite product is the Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray.

This is one of my must-have products, it makes everything last so long. I did a full review of it here

Next, one of my favorites this year has been the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy.


This is very special to me because I got it when I went to L.A. for my 16th birthday in April. It's an absolutely beautiful color; it can be built up for a more pinky-shimmery color, or it can be worn as a sheer wash of color. It goes with everything and it also looks good on almost every skin tone. This has definitely been my most worn lip product this year. The formula is not too drying, however the one downside is that it needs to be reapplied more often.

The next product is the Nars Blush/Bronzer Duo in Orgasm/Laguna.


These two colors are amazing on almost every skin tone, and they're really easy to work with. I've used both these colors so much this year because Orgasm is a blush color that looks beautiful with anything, and Laguna is basically a perfect bronzer color. I especially love Orgasm in the summer when you have a nice tan. Another plus is that they last so long, I've used this product all year and I've barely even made a dent.

Another thing I've loved this year is the Urban Decay Naked Palette


Although this came out a few years ago, I've really gotten a ton of use out of it this year. It's gotten so much buzz and has been well-loved by almost everyone in the beauty world, and for good reason. It has 12 gorgeous shades that are perfect for a lot of different looks, natural to smokey. The shadows blend extremely well and are very pigmented. This basically has something for everyone, and is one of the best eyeshadow palettes in my opinion.

My last beauty favorite is the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.

This has also gotten a ton of buzz this year. It's a dense brush used for applying liquid foundation, and I think it's amazing. The brush is really soft and easy to clean, but it also applies foundation really nicely. It really blends it into the skin and makes it look like your own skin, not like foundation. This is definitely another must-have for me.

12 comments

  1. Boy looks so pretty. The Naked palette is gorgeous x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the naked palette too.

    http://cheyenne-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! If you like, I can follow your blog on blogspot and bloglovin if you follow mine. Let me know if you want me to follow any other social media venues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I'd love to! I just followed you on bloglovin and blogspot :)

      Delete
  4. Such a good selection of products. My favourite naked palette was #2, but I'm also really wanting to try out #3. The pressed powder is definitely my favourite powder I find it works so well!

    chandlernotbing.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got #3 and I love it! Also I love your blog name :)

      Delete
  5. I have yet to purchase the original naked palette! I have all the others but not this one. Lovely post.

    Dejhana | Waite a Little

    ReplyDelete
  6. the powder is amazing, love it :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4602025/andystyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post :) following you now..it would be great if you follow back..nice to connect <3
    http://www.beautyandfashionfreaks.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is the nars blush bronzer similar to the elf one.??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chanel in Boy is such a staple!

    Jess x

    theprophecyofloveliness.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne