New Lip Products

December 19, 2013

I've accumulated a few new lip products over the past 2 or 3 months...

First I got the Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie and the Revlon Color Burst Matte Balm in Elusive.


I'd tried the Lip Butters before, and I love them. They're very moisturizing, but also offer a nice color and finish. They can be sheer, or you can build them up to have a more bold color. I picked out this shade because I thought it'd be a nice way to wear a berry lip without being too strong. I also really like the Matte Balms, because for a matte lip product they're not too drying. They're also very pigmented and stay on for a long time.

Next I got the Rimmel Exaggerate Full Color Lip Liner in Eastend Snob and the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in 101.


I'd actually never tried lip liner before, because I always looked at it as a useless product. I thought I'd finally give it a try, but I'm not super impressed with this one. The color is nice and it definitely helps define my lips and makes applying lipstick much easier, however it doesn't last very long and it doesn't make my lipstick last any longer than normal. As for the lipstick, I love it. The color is really nice, just a matte pinky-nude that's really easy to apply and to wear. It's a nice "your-lips-but-better" color, and it's not too drying. It's one of my new every day favorites!

Last I got the Stila Lip Glaze in Kitten and the YSL Rouge Volupte in Opera Rose.


So far, I'm not a huge fan of the lip glaze. I think the color is gorgeous and totally different from a lot of the lip glosses I have, but I'm just not used to the way it has to be applied. The brush gets really sticky and I feel like it's a bit difficult to apply. As for the YSL lipstick, I'm completely in love. I've had my eye on these for a while, so I finally treated myself to one. The color is beautiful and very pigmented, and the formula is amazing. It's both moisturizing and long lasting, and, of course, the packaging is to die for!

2 comments

  1. I came to have a peek because I loved your blog name! I've got some of the Bourjois Colour Boost lip crayons which are really good and also, I quite like Topshop lip liners, I find the ones I've used have made my lipstick stay on longer :)
    http://londongirlbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've heard a ton about Bourjois, I wish we could get it in America :( I'm definitely going to look at some topshop liners now! And I just followed your blog :)

      Delete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne